The role of chiropractic professional is to detect and correct vertebral subluxation through technical adjustment, consisting of a precise, painless and effective impulse on the locked joint. The purpose of the adjustment is to free the nerve from pressure from the vertebra, they have even noticed positive changes in the abnormal curvature of the spine, since to restore natural mobility to the vertebral body, muscles and joints better carry out their work support and alignment.
Deviations of the spine affect relatively often to children, but in many cases go unnoticed. In general, they do not usually show signs that warn of their existence, since the absence of pain is usual. Parents rarely notice the problem, unless the deformity is very obvious, which is already indicative of an advanced evolution. These two facts -deformation and absence of pain-, make routine physical examination of the back, in the periodic reviews of the healthy child program is essential to detect the problem as early as possible.
While it is advisable to check spine have symptoms or not, and even having if not present on the column (to rule that are not the product of a subluxation). There are cases where the position of your child may have a higher wakeup call to parents.
If you notice some of the cases listed below, it would be appropriate to resort to a chiropractic professional as soon as possible:
- Head tilted forward relative to the rest of the body.
- Difference in height or position of the scapula.
- Height of the top of the higher back than normal, when a child leans forward.
- Voltage hamstring (back of the thigh).
- Lateral column incarnation
- Side of the spine to one side or another deviation.
- A more prominent than the other shoulder blade.
- Head not centered directly above the pelvis.
- Appearance a higher and prominent hip.
- Asymmetrical Thorax.
- Pelvic girdle uneven.
- Changes in the appearance or texture of the skin overlying the spine.
- Support the body on one side.
- Rib prominence when stooping.
- Shoulder and hip unaligned.
- Compensatory curve.